Each year intense Indiana weather leaves many homeowners and building owners with roof damage. But most Hoosiers are unfamiliar with the insurance claim process. Here are the Do’s and Don’ts of filing an insurance claim in indiana should your roof sustain damage from hail or high wind.
ATTIC INSULATION TIPS
- Do I need more attic insulation?
- What is the recommended R-value for the climate I live in?
- What is the best insulation for my attic?
- What tools do I need to install insulation?
- What do I need to know before installing insulation?
- How do I install my new attic insulation properly?
Where Most People Go Wrong and How To Get It Right: Number 1 Reason Why Roofing Systems Fail
The intense physical labor involved in roofing makes the installation process and quality control measures that a company uses or doesn't use easy to overlook. Mainly because when you watch a roofing crew in action, the labor aspect of a project stands out the most, and for good reason. Roofing, whether flat, steep slope, or metal is hard work. But there is more to a roofing project than just hard work, labor is only a small part of the overall success of the job. Installing a long lasting roofing system and keeping the home or building dry isn’t the result of hard work and sweat, it’s the result of a tested and proven installation process and the quality control measures to ensure the process was followed.
When the Kinman’s roof sustained hail and wind damage from spring storms they began to interview potential roofing contractors to discuss pricing and the scope of work to be preformed. Exterior Pro Inc. was invited to quote the project which included the replacement of the old roof shingles with new dimensional or architectural shingles, the installation of new vinyl soffits and fascia metal to cover eves, and replacement of Aluminum guttering and downspouts.
Our sales and estimating team get asked daily by prospective customers “should we repair our roof or replace it?" As an owner of Exterior Pro I had to think long and hard about what our company response should be.
- Shingles that are cracked, torn, curling on the bottom, and have heavy loss of grit or granules may all be signs that the roof is approaching or has reached the end of its life cycle. The older shingles become the less pliable them become, brittle shingle are easily cracked or torn. In come cases the shingles may curl or lift up on the bottom due age or excessive heat from lack of attic ventilation.
Chasing leaks on metal roofs is more successful when your efforts are focused and you have an idea of where to look. And although the metal roofing industry encompasses many different types, profiles, and metal roof systems, these guide lines will help you identify areas of weakness or areas of maintenance and allow you to generate a more specific repair plan.
Commercial roofing company Exterior Pro Inc. , located in southern Indiana, recently earned the Certified metal roof installer / contractor status from metal roofing manufacturer Englert. The program will allow Exterior Pro Inc. to offer it’s customers a weather-tightness warranty on the metal roofs it installs.